Friday, August 28, 2009

Critique group

I have had the best luck with my critique group. So many times I have heard stories about finding the right fit and trying different ones, but I must have struck it rich. Our group has older people, younger people, married and not, with and without kids, illustrators and those of us challenged by art and enticed by words.

I find the information that they share about the work I am creating the most meaningful and important. My point of view has begun to be defined and I feel that I am writing tighter. I know that their goals are in line with mine and combined we can support our dreams.

Together we are going to launch a website to highlight our accomplishments as we achieve them. More information on this later as I get it.

What I really want to say is I find it crucial that I listen to these people that have a valued interest in me. They see me differently than I see me, differently than my family and friends see me. They see the potential of what I am trying to do and have learned a few things along the way to help me. So thank you, to my group for all your understanding, I look forward to being a cheerleader on your sideline too!

No comments:

Post a Comment