Saturday, July 18, 2009

Time in a bottle

I watched the documentry titled 'a year in the life of JK Rowlings'. They captured a series of events happeing over a year including her finishing her last potter book, the release party, aa visit to where it all began and explored her childhood and family. I found it really interesting how she never thought this was her life. She nevr thought her ending would be happy. She is uber successful and uber interesting but finds herself on the verge of tears, alot. I love the grin she had completeing the last book and following it up with a reality check that it is not what the fans want but what the story needs. She is quite grounded in that she cannot please everyone all the time.
How does this all apply to my process, you ask? I wonder what my story will be in ten years. I wonder if this blog, with no followers at this point, will be reviewed. I wonder if my seamingly small life will make the slightest impact on children, worldwide. I wonder if I'll return to my 1428 sqft house and shed tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment