Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Thomas Crowne Affair

Alright, I love this movie. The music is amazing.

see the trailer here:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/180404/The-Thomas-Crown-Affair/trailers


I admire how the Bowler Hat is threaded throughout the film. It is a beautiful example of the seemingly plain as complex.



The most valuable theme of the film is that 'its always been there'. What you are looking for has always been right in front of you, its up to you to take the chance to see it, to find it, to expose it. Sometimes in life you are finally able to see what you have been missing when a pencil gets stuck in the track, disaster follows and you stop to look.

So the Harmony, I am not sure where it would be in this film. You and I both know that they are going to go around in circles for the next fifty years until one of them bends. I think I'll watch Real Housewives of Atlanta, I'm sure they will illustrate harmony


Back to writing, the complexity in this film is exactly where I want to go with my writing. I just have to find a way to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment