Tuesday, September 8, 2009

summer inspiration


It has been published in the Washington Post on December the 31st 1995. It's sad to say it, but Watterson retired... But the last strip is full of optimism and let a possibility to restart the cartoon... http://calvinethobbes.free.fr/english/c_der.html

I am sad summer is over. I am glad the kids are returning and starting school. I am reminded of the last Calvin and Hobbs comic. It was published a few years ago now but it still follows me through my life.
The script reads;
C: Wow It really snowed last night! Isn't it wonderful?
H: Everything familiar has disappeared! The world looks brand new!
C: A new year, A fresh clean start!
H: It's like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on!
C: A day full of possibilities!
C: It's a magical world, Hobbes o'l buddy...
C: ...Lets go exploring!
They are starting fresh, I am starting fresh, I am happy we have a new beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment